Don’t feel dumb if you didn’t know some of these, it’s perfectly fine. I didn’t know what’s the first thing to do when I get a flat tire. I typically just sit in my car and wait for somebody. Don’t judge.
1. What’s the best way to dry a sweater?
Let it dry on a bed, so it’ll maintain its natural shape.
2. Boiling an egg?
After bringing the water to a boil, turn the stove off and leave the eggs covered for 10-12 minutes. If you want a soft-boiled egg, cut down on the cooking time.
3. Best height to hang a picture?
Around-eye level. A good rule of thumb to follow is to position the art so it can be seen by almost everyone in the room. The goal is to be able to enjoy the art without having to look up.
4. Where do your hands go first when you’re folding a fitted sheet?
Inside the corners. The goal is to fold the fitted sheet so it lays down flat when stored. Using the inside corners to make the first fold will help you get there.
5. How often should you water your plants?
Depends on the plant, so read the instructions because the roots of plants need water and oxygen to survive and thrive.
6. What tools do you need to sew a button?
A needle and thread. Pick a thread color that matches the color of the button in question.
7. How do you keep a conversation going?
Be present, listen proactively, and share relatable stories. It’s a great way to jump-start a conversation. Avoid taboo topics like politics and religion.
8. Whats the best type of kindling for a fire?
While it may be cathartic to set old shirts and socks on fire, the best kindling is wood pieces, dry twigs, and small dry branches.
9. Whats the first thing you should do when changing a flat tire?
Loosen the lug nuts. If you place the jack under the car and lift it first, you; have a pretty hard time trying to loosen the lug nuts with the wheel floating in the air.
10. Which glass isn’t a bar essential?
There are a handful of different types of glassware essential to any bar, but a mason jar isn’t one of them. (maybe though)